FAQ: How Do I Make A Donation To Planned Parenthood?
- 1 What does Planned Parenthood do with their donations?
- 2 Do people donate to Planned Parenthood?
- 3 How can I help support Planned Parenthood?
- 4 Is a donation to Planned Parenthood tax deductible?
- 5 Is Planned Parenthood a nonprofit?
- 6 Does Planned Parenthood take unused birth control?
- 7 What is the Planned Parenthood Action Plan?
- 8 How many members does Planned Parenthood have?
- 9 Why are ACLU donations not tax deductible?
What does Planned Parenthood do with their donations?
Your donation helps us provide vital clinical services, education, and advocacy throughout our five-state region. Health Services: Your gift helps us deliver health care services to all who need them.
Do people donate to Planned Parenthood?
Monthly Donations Donating monthly to Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is an easy, convenient way of providing PPNorCal with a steady and reliable stream of support that will, in turn, allow us to serve more women, men and teens each year.
How can I help support Planned Parenthood?
You can support Planned Parenthood with your time and energy in multiple ways:
- Go to PlannedParenthood.org to sign up to volunteer with Planned Parenthood, or call your local health center.
- If you’re interested in political activism, go to PPaction.org/volunteer to get involved with the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
Is a donation to Planned Parenthood tax deductible?
Yes, Planned Parenthood Federation of America is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
Is Planned Parenthood a nonprofit?
Many Planned Parenthood health centers have a sliding-scale fees system, based on the patient’s income, to help make care more affordable. Since we’re a non-profit, the revenue from these visits goes directly to fund health centers and programs, so we can continue providing care and education to our patients.
Does Planned Parenthood take unused birth control?
Yup! You can totally save those unused packs of birth control — just make sure the packs are full — no missing pills — and have not expired when you want to take them again. You can check the expiration date on the wrapper.
What is the Planned Parenthood Action Plan?
Planned Parenthood Action Fund is a nonprofit, non-partisan group. PPAF is backed by more than 7 million activists, donors, and other supporters working to advance access to sexual health care and defend reproductive rights.
How many members does Planned Parenthood have?
Globally, Planned Parenthood supports local partners in nine focus countries, reaching nearly 2 million individuals with sexual and reproductive health information and services. Women, men, and young people from every community and income level view Planned Parenthood as their first-choice provider of care.
Why are ACLU donations not tax deductible?
The ACLU is a 501(c) (4) nonprofit corporation, but gifts to it are not tax-deductible. It is the membership organization, and you have to be a member to get your trusty ACLU card. ACLU monies fund our legislative lobbying–important work that cannot be supported by tax-deductible funds.